*2 1/2 c- Coconut, divided
*Red food coloring
*2 baked 9-inches round cake
*8 oz- Cool Whip, thawed
*Assorted candies for garnish
- Shade 1/4 cup of the coconut pink using red food coloring.
- Cut 1 cake layer as a half circle shape on each side of the cake so that a bow tie shape is created at the center of the cake. This bow tie shape should be about 1 1/2" wide at its widest portion.
- Leave one layer whole. Arrange whole cake layer in center of cake plate, place half circle shapes on the top pointing up for the bunny's ears.
- Put the remaining pieces at the bottom of the whole cake layer to make a bow tie.
- Use the whipped Topping for frosting.
- Spray center of bunny's ears and bowtie with pink coconut. Shower white coconut above bunny's head and outer edges of ears and bow tie.
- To give the shape of eyes, nose, mouth and whiskers use candies.
- Red string licorice, chocolate chips can be used for eyes, nose and mouth and also for outlining the ears and bow tie.
Wednesday, December 6, 2006